The work I do
I'm a software engineer with over 15 years of experience building web-based applications. My focus over the last several years has been primarily front-end engineering, primarily using React and building architecture/tools to scale large-frontend projects.Downloadable Resume
Staff Engineer @ Wistia
- I work on Wistia's organize team, building features to help users organize and manage their videos.
Senior Software Engineer @ Datadog
- At Datadog I worked on the Frontend Developer Experience team, working on tools for frontend engineers such as our development environment, a chrome extension to manage deploys, and the frontend CI pipeline.
Staff Engineer @ Mailchimp
- I worked on a handful of product features including a new UI for editing campaigns and the UI to create postcard based campaigns.
- I helped architect and plan Mailchimp's transition from an MVC, server-driven model to building new features with a client-side React architecture.
- I led the creation of the React component library for Mailchimp, known as Wink.
- I routinely mentored junior engineers through pairing sessions and code reviews.
Lead Software Engineer @ REscour
- REscour brought me onboard to lead their UI engineering, including the primary REscour application as well as the data management tools.
- I worked directly with the CTO and CEO to plan new features and UX
- I spearheaded efforts to enforce and maintain code quality, continuous deployment, and to convert a legacy Angular.js app to a React/Redux-based architecture.
Software Engineer @ Tapjoy
- I worked on Tapjoy's Partner Tools team, building features for the customer dashboard.
- During that time, we completely modernized the Tapjoy dashboard and ad management platform.
- Working in the Atlanta office of Tapjoy, headquartered in San Francisco, taught me how to work remotely with a distributed team.
- At Tapjoy, I first started working on client-driven applications using a single page application architecture.
Lead Developer @ Remark Media
- I played an instrumental role in the development of high traffic websites including Sharecare and Dimespring.
- After being promoted to lead developer, my primary role was managing high-level architecture, prototyping new features, developing libraries/tools and helping other developers troubleshoot tough problems.
Web Developer @ AirTight Design
- While at AirTight Design, an agency with numerous clients of all sizes, I lead several web application projects from conception to launch for clients such as Berkshire Hathaway, Kia, and Cartoon Network.
This is a non-exhaustive list of the technology I've used in my career.
- Ruby on Rails